Examples of projects that most likely utilize special assessment financing are water lines and storage, sewer lines, storm sewer, road and sidewalk paving, and flood protection.
Special Assessment Policy
Read the City of West Fargo Special Assessment Policy (PDF)
View Special Assessments
Balances of special assessments and other special assessment information for specific properties can be viewed on the City Assessor's Property Database. To inquire about pending special assessments contact Dustin Scott, City Engineer.
Request Special Assessment Payoff
If you are a homeowner or realtor looking for information on special assessment payoffs, please complete and submit the Special Assessment Payoff Request Form to request an estimate. If you are a closing agent, please submit the Special Assessment Form - Closing Agent.
During the month of January, the City of West Fargo will host five Special Assessment Forums to provide information on special assessments and an opportunity for West Fargo property owners to provide input.
The dates, times and locations are:
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 3: Hulbert Aquatic Center (620 Seventh Ave. E., West Fargo)
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10: Flame of Faith United Methodist Church (1222 Sixth Street E. West Fargo)
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14: Legacy Elementary School (5150 Ninth St. W., West Fargo)
- 7-9 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17: Eventide at Sheyenne Crossings (225 13th Ave. W., West Fargo)
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28: Brooks Harbor Elementary School (801 22nd Ave. W., West Fargo)
During the events, attendees will be given an overview of the special assessment process and the city’s financing strategies. The event will then break out into small groups to give residents the opportunity to provide feedback. This feedback will then be compiled and presented to the West Fargo City Commission and staff.
COMING SOON - Online participation options
Space is limited to 50 attendees at each event. Content from the meetings and opportunities to participate online will also be available.