A corporation doing business in North Dakota for the first time may take an income tax credit equal to:
- 1% of wages and salaries paid during the tax year for each of the first three years of operating, and
- 0.5% of wages and salaries paid during the tax year for the fourth and fifth years.
A corporation qualifies for the credit if it:
- Is engaged in assembling, fabricating, manufacturing, mixing, or processing of an agricultural, mineral, or manufactured product
- Did not receive a property or income tax exemption
- Was not created from reorganization or acquisition of an existing North Dakota business.
For more information, visit the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner Income Tax Incentives